01/19/2021 When it comes to Mobile App Development everyone is a bit confused about choosing the right App type which can make them the next big thing in the industry. Believe us or not if you are an aspirant Tech-Entrepreneur, Decision maker for Big companies, even if you are an App Developer yourself but you are still not the right person to decide, which type of mobile application could possibly solve the purpose.
So, the big question is Who could be the right person to help you decide on this?
Yes, if you thought of an IT consultant you are almost there but in our 11 years of experience in App Development and Marketing.
We haven’t found a single consultant who could
relate three fields which are-
- Mobile App Development
- Playstore – Appstore Optimisation
- Business Logics
As we have stated that a successful mobile app starts at the intersection of 3 fields Good Mobile App development practices(One like GMP – Good Manufacturing Practices in the Manufacturing sector), Digital Marketing, and Business Logics.
Now a few of you must be thinking you know digital marketing because you can run your own advertising campaigns on Google & Social media but unfortunately my friend it’s not like that! It’s an immense field that is arduous to understand & relate to even after years of practice.
Techniques can be learned faster but developing tricks takes a lot of experience and you know experience is very expensive.
By now I hope you also understand that one could relate these three vast fields only if he/she has exhaustive hands-on experience in all three areas stated above but let me tell you it’s not possible in just one life. That’s where the Research & Development department of companies comes into play.
Every Good company has its own set of case studies(real research not project-based case studies to be very precise) on basis of which they develop practices which are later used by their various department for years to come ultimately benefiting their clients.
We will write this end to end series of the article based on our exhaustive case studies from our R&D department on Why few mobile apps are so successful and yours is not even nearby; you know why? Because you chose the wrong technology partner who was not gutsy enough to point out the wrong in your business plan & few are even worse they just start developing an application and spoil it with their bad practice eventually the idea gets copied by someone with better execution capabilities and due to such greedy & immoral service provider which has spoiled the start-up environment for a small amount of money we have decided to write such a series in consumer interest. Stay Tuned! And remember anyone below such a standard should not be the company or person to associate with because it’s someone’s dream, not just a project.
So, coming back to the real issue we will share certain things to decide on type of mobile app to go with.
Well, there are just three types of Mobile Apps which are as follows-
- Native Apps
- Android App( Programming language – Java)
- iOS App(Objective-C or Swift)
- Windows Phone on Net
- Hybrid Apps
- Web Apps
So, the big question is why should we go with Native apps despite the duplicated effort and higher cost and the reason is its higher performance & total control. Here are a few more points
- They can take full advantage of all the device features and also able to access hardware like GPS & other sensors(We will try to write about all mobile sensors in smartphones very soon, stay tuned) which makes a smartphone really smart.
- They are comparatively faster and developed in the native OS environment which provides the cutting edge to harness the power of the processor in an optimized way.
- The Application can be used as a Mobile device controller and it can pretty much access anything anytime to use it for the sake of your business.
- Native Apps can access a device notification system that keeps your business connected with your end-user.
- We can also develop custom gestures in native applications or use operating system gestures which benefits the apps by providing a better user experience
(We will try to write about good user experience-stay tuned). Remember user experience is almost everything for the success of your mobile app.
We can right on about it on basis of our experience but honestly, you should only go with Native Apps if you have a good budget here is why?
- Native apps are developed separately for each platform which would take more time, multiple resources with experience in required relative technologies for different platforms and all of this is going to cost you higher than hybrid and web apps.
- If development technologies are different for Android & iOS then so are the updates. Whenever there is an update required remember you gotta update android & iOS separately. Also one should know updating is not necessary until and unless you are willing to use recently updated features, add features to your app which are requested by your user, and last but not least for bug
fixing which has lot to do with you app ranking on Playstore for Android & Appstore for iOS.
Native Android Apps can be developed Java, Kotlin & C++
Android Development Tools & Resources by Google
- Android Software Development Kit bundled with Android Studio and official Integrated Development Environment for Android.
- Firebase is a comprehensive mobile development platform.
- Command-line tools for Mac, Linus, and Windows.
- Android Jetpack is a collection of pre-developed Android components.
Native iOS App development technologiesNative iOS Apps can be developed in Objective-C or Swift but you will need a Mac device to develop Native iOS Mobile Apps because the iOS operating system has closed source code developed exclusively for Apple’s hardware, unlike Android’s open source.
iOS Development Tools & Resources
- iOS SDK which is integrated with the Cocoa Touch UI framework
- Xcode is the official IDE for iOS development
- Swift Playgrounds is a well-known learning platform for Swift development
- TestFlight which is used for beta App testing
Mobile Web AppMobile Web Apps cannot be considered as real mobile applications. Actually, they are just websites, which look like mobile applications but their implementation & working is completely different from native apps. Web apps need a browser & internet connection to run and requires detailed planning. One needs to identify customer requirement specifications and as an analyst, you need to research
targeted capabilities of your their mobile application and then decide which one to choose be it Native Apps, Web Mobile Apps or Hybrid Apps because it’s highly frustrating & unproductive to realize that few of essential client functions are impossible with your choice of App platform and guess what by the time you would have already invested time & resources.
Mobile web applications are a bit slower than native apps so make sure you are betting on the right horse whilst understanding the perspective of your end-users. While developing mobile web apps you need to take care of few the point in order to optimize the app for speed because your user is not going to wait more than 3 seconds for your mobile web app page to load and also if your page loading is slower than most of the search engines are going to de-rank you. So,
make sure you take care of Image optimization, Code Compression, Server side caching, Content Delivery network in order to give your app a successful life.
Cutting it short your Mobile web app cannot act as a controller of smart devices of your end customers example it can never access the contact list of your end customers in case you need to but a native app can do that but in the other case your users won’t be downloading application just for shopping once from your mobile app they would prefer something which they don’t have to download so, better do a thorough analysis of projected scope before you make a
That’s why the Hybrid Mobile application is a lot simpler, faster, and comes with easy maintainability. You can also access the phone hardware such as Bluetooth, Camera, GPS, etc with Hybrid Apps. But. Mind its development of hybrid apps is a faster process but apps are slow which is the opposite in Native Apps.
ConclusionEverything depends upon these three things while deciding on the best fit mobile application for your business. IP Media is the best Mobile App Development Company. We are here to give shape to your ideas Consult Our App Development Experts
IP Media is a leading Software, Website & Mobile App Development Company in Gurgaon. We also offer services like CRM Development, ERP Development, Digital Marketing, System Integration, etc. We provide Custom Solutions as per the requirements of the organization. Offices in three cities in India…